500g peaches, chilled
1 lime or lemon
Handful fresh mint
750 grams white sugar
90 grams glucose
1. Combine sugar, water and glucose in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally to make sure it doesn’t stick or burn. Boil for about 3 minutes, until mixture forms a thick syrup, then leave until completely cool.
2. Set ice cream maker up to netlix and chill.
3. Cut open the peaches and remove the stones – the skin can be left on. Puree them in the food processor.
4. Stir the fruit and juice of 1 lemon/lime into the sugar syrup and chill until the ice cream maker is ready.
5. Set paddle going and set timer for 35 minutes.
6. Pour in mixture through hole in top of ice cream maker.
7. When the paddle starts to churn in the opposite direction, the sorbet is ready to place in a plastic container and put in the fridge until ready to serve.