Nothing marks a special celebration like a serving of fresh oysters. This recipe takes freshness and flavour to the next level, with a beet salsa that will impress any palate.
28 natural oysters in a half shell
3 beetroot bulbs, ends trimmed
2 shallots, trimmed and chopped finely
1 red chilli, deseeded
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
• Sprinkle beets with sea salt and roast whole for 20 minutes, allowing to cool before dicing into fine segments
• Mix beets with shallots, chilli and lime juice
• Season the salsa with sea salt and pepper to taste
• Arrange the oysters on a serving platter
• Divide salsa among the oysters and serve.
Energy 156kJ (37kcal)
Fat – total 0.9g / saturated 0.2g
Carbohydrate – total 2.1g / sugars 1.8g
Dietary fibre 1.0g